Answered By: Barry Duggan Last Updated: Nov 12, 2020 Views: 2165
Eduroam is the free LJMU wireless network. You can only connect to eduroam if you are a member of LJMU, or another participating university.
To connect to eduroam for the first time, follow these steps:
Connecting on a Laptop
- Connect your laptop to the SETUP-Eduroam network. There is no login required.
- Open a web browser and browse to any page.
- You should be automatically directed to the LJMU setup page.
- Click on the Configure Device button.
- You will be asked to log in with your firstname.lastname@example.org) and your current LJMU password.
- Once you have complete this, you will be able to connect to the eduroam network.
Connecting on a smartphone or tablet
- Open your app player and install the 'eduroamCAT' app
- Run the app and login with your email@example.com and current LJMU password.
- You should then be able to connect to the LJMU eduroam network in the usual way.
For more information see the following webpage www.ljmu.ac.uk/ithelp/free-wifi