Answered By: Stuart Macaulay Last Updated: Dec 15, 2020 Views: 764
• Before you start, make sure that any previous versions of Microsoft Office are removed from your computer. Also look for trial versions of Office that may have been bundled with your computer when it was new and remove those.
To uninstall any Office programs follow the procedures relevant to your computer. Once any software is removed we recommend restarting your computer.
• Start a web browser of your choice and go to the Office 365 logon webpage https://login.microsoftonline.com/
• Login with email@example.com. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not use your email address.
• You will be taken to the Office 365 LJMU sign in page where you enter your LJMU password. Depending on which browser you are using you may get some ‘can the browser remember your password’ questions (we always advise saying no to them)
• Once logged on, click the ‘Install Office’ button top right of the page
• Click ‘Office 365 apps’
• A small download will start and a window will pop up with instructions. Wait for the download to finish, then follow the on screen instructions to run the setup program. Office should now begin installing.
• Your install is finished when you see the phrase, "You're all set! Office is installed now".
• The first time you start an Office application you have to accept the license agreement.
• Office might activate automatically. However, you might see the ‘Microsoft Office Activation Wizard’. If so, select ‘I want to activate over the internet’ and click ‘next’.
When you leave LJMU your Office 365 subscription also ends. You will receive notification of this, a grace period of 30 days and the opportunity to purchase alternatives directly from Microsoft. If you do not take out an alternative license your copies of Office will go into a reduced functionality mode where you will only be able to read documents, you will not be able to edit them or create new ones.
Your OneDrive account will be removed when your LJMU account is removed, approximately 90 days from your course end date. To be on the safe side you should ensure any information you require from your OneDrive is copied before your course end date. Your course end date is not your graduation date.